skip to primary navigation skip to content



College life

Being part of a College means that as well as being part of the large University community and the community within the Faculty, you are also part of a much smaller community. This means that you have a lot of people looking out for your academic and personal welfare and supporting you throughout your time at Cambridge. Therefore, students who are struggling with a particular problem or feeling a bit lost won’t go unnoticed.

Within your College you will have a Director of Studies (DoS) who will look after your academic welfare and a tutor who will provide pastoral support.

Other pastoral support is available through the University’s Counselling Service and the Students’ Union’s Student Advice Service.

International students

The Faculty welcomes applications from international students. The Faculty of Education is a great place to study and it has a truly diverse community.

To help you settle in there's a huge range of information, events and activities for new overseas undergraduates:

  • The University's International Student Team runs an orientation programme at the start of each year to give basic information about the University and an opportunity to meet other international students.
  • There’s a variety of information for overseas first year students, such as the International Students’ Portal and the International Freshers' Guide.
  • iCUSU (part of Cambridge University Students' Union, CUSU), represents international students studying at Cambridge. The group welcomes new international students when they arrive in Cambridge and organises social events before freshers'.

Further information about studying at Cambridge as an international student can be found on the International Student website.

Student parents

The University’s Childcare Information Service provides comprehensive childcare information for students online (e.g. guidance on facilities and assistance, childcare and healthcare and financial support).

Students with a disability

The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) offers guidance, information and support, and is an essential contact for disabled applicants and/or applicants with a specific learning difficulty or long-term health condition. If you’re considering Cambridge, you’re advised to get in touch with the DRC and a College admissions office as early as possible to discuss your application and specific requirements. 

Mature students

If you’ll be aged 21 or over by 1 October in the year in which you hope to come to Cambridge, you’ll be applying as a mature student. The Undergraduate website provides further information and advice, including details about events for mature applicants.

Fees and finance

For information about tuition fees, living costs and financial support, visit the University's Undergraduate Study site.